Getting started with the Circular Economy – 21/06/2018
21 June 3.30pm – Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering, University of Derby, Derby DE1 3EE
Workshop – Getting started with the Circular Economy for SMEs
Want to find out about the circular economy?
This workshop helps you explore the practicalities; find out why it is good for business and to think about opportunities for your own organisation. The circular economy is gaining focus and investment from businesses of all sizes, in every sector worldwide. Circular approaches rethink product design, material choice and business models, helping reduce risk, increase customer engagement and improve competitiveness.
Benefits for attendees:
- Explore the principles of the circular economy with a range of practical examples
- Gain a clearer understanding of the issues in traditional business models
- Apply circular economy approaches to ‘rethink’ an everyday product
- Identify opportunities to create value for your own organisation
- Find out how the Low Carbon Business Club can help your business
The workshop will be led by Catherine Weetman, author of ‘A Circular Economy Handbook for Business and Supply Chains‘. Catherine helps organisations develop future-fit, resilient strategies, examining risks and value opportunities, and is mentor and local organiser for the Circular Economy Club. Catherine is a Visiting Fellow at the University of Huddersfield, is Vice-Chair of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport’s Environment and Sustainability Forum, a Fellow of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) and holds an MSc in Logistics from Cranfield University.
This event is FREE, but there are limited spaces, so sign up now to avoid disappointment.