UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is the national funding agency investing in science and research in the UK. Operating across the whole of the UK with a combined budget of more than £6 billion, UKRI brings together the 7 Research Councils, Innovate UK and Research England.
UKRI is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, supported by 7 agencies and public bodies.
Some of the Competitions with open Registrations
- 24 September 2018
- 14 November 2018
Zero emission vehicles: funding to drive development and adoption
Businesses working on ultra-low or zero-emission projects can apply for a share of £22 million to develop their ideas and help the UK become a world leader.
What’s the opportunity?
There is up to £16 million to fund multiple, collaborative research and development (R&D) projects. These should have a total value of less than £4 million.
Projects should focus on one of the following to:
- advance power electronics, machines and drives for automotive applications
- improve energy storage and management
- develop lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
- create zero emission technologies that are highly disruptive
- 25 September 2018
- 06 December
Find out more and apply at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/zero-emission-vehicles-funding-to-drive-development-and-adoption
Horizon 2020 is the largest ever European funding programme for research and innovation. It has a budget of 79 billion euros and will run until 2020.
It aims to:
- ensure that Europe produces world-class science
- remove barriers to innovation
- make it easier for public and private sectors to innovate together
Find out more and apply at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/horizon-2020-what-it-is-and-how-to-apply-for-funding
You can find all of our current open & upcoming funding opportunities here.