As a member of the University of Derby’s Low Carbon Business Network (LCBN), we wanted to tell you about our up and coming events and what we have planned for 2019.
Low Carbon Business Network Breakfast catch-up – Wednesday 27th March, 8:30 am–10.30am LOCATION: The Derby Conference Centre
Our quarterly LCBN catch-up with your fellow network members. Meet new contacts and chat with old ones, share your updates and hear new ideas.
We have Network Member, Rebecca Shaw of Scenariio Ltd, joining us to give a short talk on Social Media for Business – learn some top tips and get advice on using these platforms to promote your low carbon business.
Breakfast drinks & muffins provided.
“One of the best parts of being a member of the low carbon business network is meeting like-minded people from the region”
Book your place on our Eventbrite Booking Page (Places must be booked by noon, 25th March 2019 to allow us to confirm numbers with the venue)
Series of Workshops & Working Groups for 2019 – Dates/Times to be confirmed
Following the success of the Sustainability Summit and from feedback received at previous events, we are planning to develop and provide a series of workshops and working groups over the next 6 months on the following:
- Effective Green Communication
- Green Funding, Finance & Tendering
- Smart Building Technology
- Energy Efficiency for Commercial Premises
- Low Carbon Transport options & Green Fleet Management
- Waste Management to Cut Costs and Create Revenue
- Low Carbon Transport Equipment Manufacture
- Low Carbon Engineering and Manufacture
- Working Group on the Clean Growth Challenge
We would like you to tell us if you would be interested in attending or contributing to any of these via our Doodle Poll Workshops & Events Expressions of Interest
More detail about the above will be circulated once confirmed.
Best Times for Events
We appreciate everyone is busy and want to arrange our events at times that suit you.
Do you prefer events to take place during your working day or at the start or beginning?
Please help us to do this by completing our Doodle Poll Time preferences for attending events , indicating what times you are able to or would prefer to attend events.
Green Growth Accelerator Series – Summer 2019
For those businesses who haven’t already completed our GGA series, we invite you to join us for our Summer 2019 workshops:
- Part 1 – Clarifying your value offer – Proposed date 2 May 2019 morning
- Part 2 – Your Business Growth Strategy and Green Economy – Proposed date 16 May 2019 morning
- Part 3 – Pitch Green – Date/Time TBC
These workshops are aimed at helping SMEs thrive in the growing low carbon economy and are free to our Low Carbon Business Club Members. If you are interested in joining, more information can be found on our webpage LCBN Green Growth Accelerator Series Summer 2019 Details or by contacting the LCBN Team.
If you can’t wait until May, there is now a free online course that helps SMEs to map the environmental value their business creates. This course provides an excellent platform to communicate powerfully about your pro-environmental offer and win more business. For more details and to register your interest visit our UDOL Online Course Page
Other events of interest
- Network of Entrepreneurs – 10 April 2019, 4pm-7pm, Derby Central Library Further Event Details
- Green Emporium – 30 March 2019, 10am-3pm, Carriages Café, Newark Facebook Events Page
Please let us know if you have a low carbon related event you wish to promote through our website or regular communications. Of course, you can also use LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to communicate directly with Network members (and beyond). Please see the links below.
We hope to see you soon.
The Low Carbon Business Network Project Team