NEW! DE-Carbonise Event
Electric Vehicles: Reducing Business Transport Carbon Emissions
Thursday 18th March from 3:00 – 5:00pm
Transforming our transport system from one that is highly polluting and a significant contributor to climate change into one that is clean, low carbon, reliable and affordable is a major challenge, but it can be done. This session will:
• Discuss best practices, current challenges, and opportunities for the use of electric vehicles for business.
• Bring together businesses already using electric vehicles with those considering the option.
• Provide the opportunity for businesses to find out what it means to run electric vehicles on a day-to-day basis.
• Inform businesses about the support available to adopt EVs within their operations.
Our speakers will also signpost the support available for D2N2 businesses wanting to capitalise on growing market demand and innovation in sustainable transport.
The event will bring together key players from local councils, business and University to showcase the best practices, explore cutting-edge innovation and collaborative opportunities in sustainable transport and travel.
Who should attend the webinar?
- Businesses that are considering EVs or looking at other ways to reduce their travel emissions
- Transport providers and operators
- Local authorities or business advisors who are being asked by SMEs for advice on low carbon transport
- Fleet / transport managers
- Construction, both housing, commercial
NEW! East Midlands Chamber Event
Green Entrepreneurs Fund – Launch Event
Wednesday 17th March 9:00 – 10:00am
This event is to launch the Derbyshire County Council’s Green Entrepreneur Fund.
The event will include the follow speakers:
- Cllr Barry Lewis, Derbyshire County Council
- Professor Kath Mitchell, Vice Chancellor and Chief Executive of the University of Derby
Both speakers will discuss how both organisations are supporting carbon reduction in Derbyshire.
For more information on the event and fund, visit the page below, which provides opportunity to register for the event:
SAIL events – Various Dates
Nottingham Trent University’s Sustainability and Inclusive Leadership (SAIL) course is a great opportunity for participants to undertake carbon literacy training (certified by The Carbon Trust) to help businesses embed sustainability and low carbon for a sustainable business future.
The dates are: 2 March, and 3 March. It’s free for SME’s in the D2N2 area and there is no limit to the number of participants from each business.
For more details contact SAIL@ntu.ac.uk
NTU Round Table Events – Various Dates
NTU are offering a series of Sustainability Round Table lunch events in February and March to show how NTU can support businesses implement Sustainability. Each Round Table has two events:
The first event is an opportunity for you to network and share your business needs around sustainability and where there might be gaps in knowledge.
The second event is for us to present a series of Bespoke Toolkits that contain knowledge and resources to assist you.
Event 1: Sustainability in HR and Employee Engagement
Event 2: Sustainability Leadership and Culture
Event 3: Sustainability and Circular Economy Principles